IN THE UNITED STATES
- Escalators and Elevators safely move more people than any other form of transportation per trip taken.
- There are an estimated 700,000 elevators and 35,000 escalators.
- Over 325 million riders take an elevator daily
- Over 245 million riders take an escalator daily
- About 210 billion riders travel on elevators or escalators each year in the North America.
- *Source: National Elevator Industry, Inc. Website (March 2007)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- 1997 – Youth Safety Award of Merit given by the Youth Activities Division of the National Safety Council.
- 1993 through 1997 – Advance America Honor Roll given by the American Society of Association Executives.
- 1996 – Ad Wheel Award from the American Public Transit Association.
- 1995 & 1996 – Safe-T Rider named Safety Ambassador by the U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Federico Pena
- 1st place Award of Excellence given to Ripon Community Printers for “Be a Safe Rider” Activity Book
- Endorsed by the American Trauma Society.
- Member of the Coalition of Injury Prevention & Control.