The EESF does not nor will they comment on any accident relating to elevators, escalators or moving walkways.
The Elevator Escalator Safety Foundation (EESF), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, welcomes you to the resource for rider safety education. The EESF was created by the elevator/escalator industry to develop and disseminate safety materials to the public in order to eliminate preventable accidents on the industry’s equipment.
With this in mind we request that you include the safety information listed below in any online/written article so that your readers will learn how to safely ride elevators escalators and moving walkways.
You have permission to REPRINT INFORMATION BELOW. Please link this information to www.eesf.org for additional information. Please feel free to use the foundations logo in your article as well.
Elevator and Escalator Rules
1) Watch your step
2) Leave closing doors alone
3) If doors don’t open ring alarm button and wait
4) If there is a fire in the building use stairs
Escalators & Moving Walks
1) Step on and off carefully
2) People only – no strollers, carts, animals, luggage
3) Hold the handrail
4) Take care of younger children, never leave unattended
5) Do not touch the sides below the handrail
6) Stand facing forward.
For more information and educational programs for kids, adults, employees that work around elevators and escalators please click on programs.